Assembling cylindrical parts with adhesives requires the most sophisticated bonding technology. Loctite Corporation, the pioneer of anaerobic adhesives, has applied this technology to create retaining and securing compounds that increase the shear strength of cylindrical, metal assemblies. These compounds fill the "inner space" between components - and cure to form a strong, precision assembly.
Worn parts can often be reliably repaired with anaerobic adhesives. Loose bearings can be refitted in housings with anaerobic adhesives often allowing housings or worn shafts to be salvaged.
- eliminate bulk needed for friction force
- augment or replace press fits
- reduce machining costs
- combine materials for the best properties of each
- eliminate backlash in keys and splines
- produce more accurate rigid assemblies
- increase strength of heavy press fits
- help bearings and bushing find alignment points
- help dissipate heat through the assembly
- eliminate fretting corrosion and seizure
- help join hard and soft parts without damage
- provide a seal when essential
- eliminate stress in parts